IIN India – Small Grand Scheme
Year : 2004-2006
- Identification of innovative approaches that effectively link conservation of
- endangered species with the improvement of livelihoods of the poor.
- Increased availability of 10 most needful plant species to communities/ industries
- by ensuring the conservation of its wild resource base and ex-situ levels.
- Enhanced food, health and livelihood security of forest- dwelling communities
- through the utilization of the prioritized species.
- Improved awareness of local institutions and policymaking set ups on
- conservation and sustainable use of the 10 species selected.